Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Peek-a-boo

I shouldn't be here right now. Yes, this is still my blog and yes I am alive, thanks for asking. I only have a limited amount of time before the Study Demons catch up and force me back into hiding. If you are wondering why I personified my work load, fuck that and go with it for the time being. 


The main reasons I have popped out of my seclusion are a) to answer some random-ass questions left to me by a fellow blogger, the crazy and always interesting Erin from The Post Modern Talko, and to finally review several artists and albums on my blog post queue. 



Here are the rules of Erin's questions:
  • Post the rules.
  • State 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the questions your tagger asked.
  • Create 11 new questions of your own.
  • Tag 11 people. // Linking questions only works with bloggers that are friends, and most of them I'm sure have answered these. And I sure as hell will not be popping up on random blogs being that guy. So these questions will probably die here.
  • Notify the tagees via their blog of their taggage. // See above 

My random facts:



I like babies like I like pets - good to play with for one or two hours, and then you give them right back to their owners.

My favorite take-out cuisine is Chinese, hands down.

The first time I saw 30 Rock, it made me want to transfer immediately to the College and get a muthafuckin' Creative Writing degree.

I sleep an average of 4-5 hours a night. 

I have a new found obsession with DrawSomething (email me and we'll set up a game)

My favorite fruit is a 3-way tie between grapes, kiwis, and oranges

I am still in search of a new .avi for my twitter account and Google profile.

I ran into the first girl I ever made out with (tongues and everything, it was a huge breakthrough for my teenage self) at a summer internship. Needless to say, we were both extremely awkward and uncomfortable around one another.

My favorite movie of the 3 crap buckets that are Star Wars Episodes I-III is The Phantom Menace. Three words compadre: Double.Bladed.Lightsaber.

I have to resist not using twitter hashtags in everyday life. 

I still manage to fall asleep at random locations around campus even after deliberately pumping myself full of soda, Red Bull, and sugary sweets.

These are Erin's questions

My questions to the peoples:

What is the worst pun you've ever heard?
Every single class material-related pun told by the course professor. Why, I ask you? Why must you kill both the social life and the sense of humor of your students?

Which blog do you never skip a posting of, why?
Unfortunately, time and schedule doesn't allow me to be completely faithful to one specific blog. But the blog that I catch up with most frequently is The Music Ninja. (Yes, I know I know, a music blog shut up.)

Share your current favorite animated gif
It is not animated, but I had to...I just had to. *Stares reader down* O_O
Nature . High As F*ck 
 

Use your MP3 player on shuffle to answer the following two questions: 
"What would best describe your personality"


The first song to pop up and answer thequestion would be "This Old Heart of Mine" by the Isley Brothers. This is an excellent love song by some of my favorite artists from Motown. Just how this song is a romantic in nature, so am I. Brutal, sarcastic realist on the outside and a sap on the inside. My logic tells me I should know better but sometimes my imagination wins.



"What is the worst thing that could happen?"

And the next song is...."Higher Ground" by Stevie Wonder. Well, one thing to start off with - Stevie will never be a bad thing to happen. Ever. But going with the song, the worse thing that could happen for society would be the failure to realize that we have responsibilities and duties  to support, encourage, and overall inspire each other to greater heights. People can sometimes forget that hey, other people have their own shit to get through and that we can all use a friendly hand every once in a while.


In your opinion, which day is the best day to blog


A day where I can fit in hw, reading, gym time, music practice, and an album review all in one day while getting a good night's sleep. Yea, let me know when that happens.

Tell us a little bit about your first road trip...

...Never been on one. There was the time my friend and I talked about driving to Chicago from Philly but that plan remained in phase one (imagination) forever.

Burma or Myanmar? Be specific.

I'll go with Burma. The military junta renamed the country to Myanmar, and given their quality of decision making (read: shitty), I feel safe sticking with the previous name for this particular Asian country.

What book do you super wish they would turn into a movie? 

I have mentioned this book on plenty of occasions, but one more won't hurt: The Magicians by Lev Grossman. Basically, the review that compares this book to scotch on the rocks to Harry Potter's soft drink is perfectly adequate. It is the magical world in its raw, naked, and most base form as seen by young adult magical beings. I read a while ago that they might make a TV series based on the novel, so here's to hoping it doesn't get fucked up by Hollywood. Fingers crossed.


 

What's your go-to snack?


You can't go wrong with a box of Nilla Wafers. Those are like crack to me. 

Is the color that people say looks best on you the same as your favorite?

This question lead me to two more questions - 1) what is my favorite color? 


Uhhh, not sure, I guess it is between blue and red (how school spirit appropriate of me)

& 2) what color looks best on me?

No clue, but I'll get you back on that one. And with the end of the posted questions I must be off to the daily grind. Playtime is over.